The Evangelical Church and the True Gospel (#265)
A historical account of the last 6,000 years to see who is the true God and the true Church. Vital information for Catholics, Muslims and all evangelical Christians.
Outline of this message
The Evangelical Church and the True Gospel
First we define the word RELIGION and its broad meaning
What is Religion:
Religion is a faith; Devotion to everything that is considered sacred. It is a cult of the human being towards entities that are attributed supernatural powers. As such, religion is the belief through which people seek a connection with the divine and the supernatural, as well as a degree of spiritual satisfaction through faith to overcome suffering and achieve happiness.
Religions are doctrines constituted by a set of principles, beliefs and practices around questions of existential, moral and supernatural, usually based on texts of a sacred nature, that unite their followers in the same moral community.
All religions have their bases and foundations, based on diverse philosophical currents that try to explain who we are and why we have come to the world. Some stand out by faith and others by their extensive ethical teachings.
This means that two or more unite believing the same thing and forming a religion. That is why every month a new religion arises in the world. The strangest was in Barranquilla, a man who rejects everything that is gospel or God because it belongs to the GROUP OF SILENCE.
THE FIRST EXISTENCE OF RELATIONSHIP between man and God
Adam and Eve - Gen chapters 1 to 3. It was the first institution, marriage, was the first church or religion. They spoke directly to God.
THE SECOND relationship of man with God was Enoch, who walked with God, and God took him. (Gen 5: 21-24)
THE THIRD relationship of man with God was Noah, who walked with God and God commands him to build an Ark. In Genesis 7: 6 it says that Jehovah closed the door of the Ark, symbol of the rapture of the Church.
He re-initiates evil through Cam, who sinned against his father and dragged generational curses.
Many religions were invented.
THE FOURTH relationship of man to God was Abram, who receives the direct call of God in Gen. 12. Abram is the tenth generation of Shem, son of Noah.
The promise of God begins to Abraham, who would be the father of multitudes, the people of God begins, through Isaac, the son of promise and Rebekah his wife. Gen 24
The fifth relation of man to God was Isaac, son of Abraham, that God promises to be a father of multitudes (the people of God) Gen 26.
THE SIXTH relationship of man to God, Jacob, son of Isaac. God reveals himself to him and makes him promise, and Jacob declares that this place is GOD'S HOUSE AND GATE OF HEAVEN (Bet-el)
THE SEVENTH relationship of man with God, Jacob struggles with the angel for a blessing (Peniel) Gen. 32
THE OPTABA relationship of man with God, Jacob receives the message and voice of God to go to Egypt with his son Joseph and from there will come a great nation.
The NINTH relationship of man to God, the call that God makes to Moses on Mount Hored (Exo 3)
The tenth relationship of man with God, God speaks to the people of God through Moses to celebrate the Passover, reminder of gratitude for the removal of slavery from Egypt. Exo. 12.
THE UPPER relationship of man to God. From Ex. 16 to 24, God speaks and deals with the people through Moses and establishes laws and statutes.
THE TWELFTH relationship of man to God. From Ex. 25 to 40, God officially institute a congregation, a temple, priests and ministers, orders to build the Tabernacle. Place of worship and center of spiritual guide to the believers of the only true God. It can be said that this is a religion, the true one. The entire Tabernacle was the symbol of Jesus Christ and all that was to come.
THE THIRD THIRD relation of man with God. God speaks to Joshua and commands him to strive and be brave. God gives orders to eliminate all idolatrous and murderous peoples. Jos. 1.
THE FOURTEENTH relationship of man with God. In the book of judges, God uses judges to rule politically and combat militarily.
THE SIXTEENTH SIXTH relationship of man to God. God calls a child a prophet, the prophet Samuel, one of the greatest prophets Israel has ever had. Samuel as prophet and counselor in the politics of the kingdom.
The people no longer want God to rule, that is, through the prophet Samuel, they wanted to imitate the world by having a visible king. God commands Samuel to anoint Saul as king. 1 Samuel 8 and 9.
Saul disobeyed God, committed recklessness and was rejected by God as king, and God commands Samuel to anoint David as king. 1 Samuel 16.
THE SEVENTEENTH relationship of man with God. God chooses Solomon to reign, and gives him wisdom and riches. 1 Kings 1.
Solomon builds a physical temple to worship God. That is, a congregation, a church, priests, ministers, a religion. 1 Kings 6 to 9. And the temple is finished, God reveals himself to Solomon and warns him of the blessings of walking straight and the consequences of abandoning the laws of God. But Solomon disobeyed God, became corrupt, women turned him to idolatry, because of his fault God divided the kingdom, in South and North.
THE EIGHTEENTH EIGHT relationship of man with God. From 1 Kings 11, 2 Kings, and 1 and 2 Chronicles, tells the stories of the kings that Israel had, divided into 2 kingdoms. Idolatry and pollution were constant. But some kings did what was good for God, but the people went astray as soon as that king died. It was a struggle between obedience and holiness to God and the corruption of pagan and depraved religions. The result was more years of captivity. Captivity in Syria 250 years; And captivity in Babylon, 70 years.
And during that period Isaiah prophesied Jesus, the Christ.
THE NINTH NINTH relationship of man to God. God takes away the punishment of 70 years and Ezra and Nehemiah narrate the return to Jerusalem and the rebuilding of the walls and the temple of God. At last they learned not to turn aside to idolatry, they learned that there is only one true God, the God of Adam, the God of Abraham and Jacob.
THE TWENTY-ONE relationship of man with God. God speaks through Malachi, the last prophet. He reprimanded the people for their infidelity. Prophesy unto Jesus the Lord, prophesy unto John the Baptist as He maketh way. Malachi quotes the words of God and says in Malachi 3: 1
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
400 YEARS OF SILENCE
HOME OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
There are four different people who wrote the details of the birth, purpose, teaching, fulfilled prophecies, the death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ, the Savior of the world. It resulted in four books, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
John does something special, different from the other three authors of the Gospel, John makes a historical account of the creation of the world and what Jesus came to his people, the people who were announced to him by the Savior, the people who were waiting for him, but who Did not receive him. And John wrote the chapter 1:11 to 13,
He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Define what the word GOSPEL means. It means Good News. Which means that the GOSPEL of Jesus, are Good News of Salvation.
EVANGELICAL, therefore means, is the person who carries the Good News of Salvation in Jesus, of repentance of sin to reconcile man with God.
EVANGELICAL CHURCH, therefore means, the group of believers who have been born again, who teaches and proclaims the Gospel of Jesus, without adding some strange beliefs.
THESE ARE THE TEACHINGS of the Gospel of Jesus, the teachings of Jesus.
- Jesus gives command to search the Scriptures - John 5:39 “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”. ---- And the apostle Peter taught, 2 Peter 1:20 to 21: “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” ----- Acts 17:10 to 11, " And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
- Love of God above all things
- Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, and at the same time is God, who together with the Father created all things and created Adam and Eve.
- Only through Jesus is there salvation.
- Be faithful and not adulterate
- Do not lie or cheat.
- Do not kill giving false testimony
- Pray to God for the enemies so that God saves them.
- Pray for the sick, and many have the gift of healing the sick.
- Authority to cast out demons.
- Authority to bind and untie by the Word.
- He has the privilege of entering the presence of the Father, because Jesus is the door.
- He has the promise of Jesus who went to prepare heavenly mansions for the believer.
- He has the promise of Jesus that will come again for his people.
- The Father sent the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus, to seal the believer and guide him.
- The believer learns to worship God.
- The believer has only one God, who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Only Jesus is a lawyer and intercessor of the believer, there is nothing and no one else.
- The believer is a cheerful person at heart and does not need stimuli like alcohol, drugs and music with sinful lyrics.
- The evangelical does not mistreat people who believe in other religions, on the contrary, he preaches to be saved, but wants to listen does not force them, because it is the Holy Spirit who convicts of sin.
- Children are not baptized, because baptism is a symbolic act of repentance.
- He who dies only has two ways, salvation or condemnation. There is no purgatory, no limbo, no re-incarnation, no invocation of the dead or intercession for them.
- The believer prays and communicates with God, without using learned prayers and vain repetitions.
- The evangelical is a person of good, productive, who contributes to the progress of a country.
- Peace is individual to each person with God, not a collective issue.
WHEN DOES THE TRUE CHURCH BORN?
Jesus commands his disciples to wait for the promise of the lining of power in Jerusalem. According to historians, between the years 62 and 85, after Christ, on the day of Pentecost, the Church of Christ was born, where they were filled with the Holy Spirit, Acts 2.
And from that moment began to preach Jesus and many people believed, repented and was saved.
It was a joke to tell someone CHRISTIAN, so began this term of Christian, that is, follower of Jesus Christ.
All the apostles and preachers of the gospel, all refused to worship them, and taught that idolatry was a sin. They learned that not even angels worship God, the only true God.
THE FIRST SPECIAL CALL to preach Jesus the Christ, was the sinner and Pharisee Saul of Tarsus, who was renamed apostle Paul. This Ministry was powerful and international, of teaching, repentance, salvation and miracles. And it is believed that the date of his death was in the year 67 AD.
The Catholic Church arises
During the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the "conversion" of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine "legalized" Christianity in the Edict of Milan in 313. Then in 325 AD. Constantine summoned the Council of Nicaea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine visualized Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time began to fragment and divide. While this would have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the outcome was anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, he continued with many of his pagan beliefs and practices; So also the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity with Roman paganism.
Constantine discovered that with the great extent of the Roman Empire, so diverse and expansive, not all would agree to renounce their religious beliefs and embrace Christianity instead. Thus Constantine allowed, and even promoted, the "Christianization" of pagan beliefs. And thus, completely pagan and totally unbiblical beliefs gave new identities to "Christianity" Some clear examples of this are:
(1) The cult of Isis, a religion of the Egyptian mother-goddess, was absorbed into Christianity, replacing Isis with Mary. Many of the titles that were used by Isis, such as "Queen of heaven," "Mother of God," and "theotokos" (who gave life to God) were allotted to Mary. Mary was given an exalted role in the Christian faith, far beyond what the Bible describes of her, to attract the worshipers of Isis to the faith, who otherwise would not have adopted. The first clear signs of Catholic Mariology occurred in the writings of Origen, who lived in Alexandria, Egypt, which turned out to be the focal point of the worship of Isis.